Windows Communication Foundation(WCF)-Advanced.Net LIVE Video Tutorial
Ideal preparation for TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development (Exam: 70-513)
Course Start Date: 21 Dec 2013
This course is designed to help you develop knowledge and skills for developing applications using Windows Communication Foundation and the .NET Framework 4 using C# (useful for programmers looking to build applications using WCF as well as those preparing for TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Certification (Exam: 70-513)). After completing this course, you will learn how to:
Create WCF Services
- Create service and operation contracts.
- Create data contracts.
- Create message contracts.
- Implement generic message handling.
- Implement RESTful services.
- Create and configure a Routing service.
- Create and configure a Discovery service.
Host and Configure Services
- Create and configure endpoints.
- Configure Behaviors.
- Implement self hosting.
- Implement Web server hosting.
- Create a service proxy.
- Configure client endpoints.
- Invoke a service.
- Consume RESTful services.
- Implement service Discovery.
- Configure secure Bindings.
- Configure message security.
- Implement Authentication.
- Implement Authorization.
- Implement Impersonation.
- Implement security auditing.
Managing the Service Instance Life Cycle
- Manage service instances.
- Manage sessions.
- Implement transactions.
- Manage concurrency.
- Manage consistency between instances, sessions, transactions, and concurrency.
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Distributed Systems
- Configure message logging.
- Configure diagnostics.
- Debug client-service interactions.
The course package:
- 7 Hours (Theory) + 7 Hours (Hands On) = 14 Hours Total
- Can be covered in 1 week or 2 weeks
- Access to class recordings of the theory portion for reference and revision
- All classes are LIVE and interactive - you’ll see the teacher, see the teacher’s desktop and also any documents they share
- Class timings:
- On weekdays 11:00 PM to 01:00 AM (only Tuesday and Thursday) IST
- On Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) - 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM or 08:00 PM to 12:00 PM IST
The course outline:
WCF Conceptual Overview
- A brief overview of WCF
- Fundamental Windows Communication Foundation Concepts
- Windows Communication Foundation Architecture
Basic WCF Programming
- Basic Programming Lifecycle
- Designing and Implementing Services
Endpoints: Addresses, Bindings, and Contracts
- Endpoint Addresses
- Windows Communication Foundation Bindings
Data Transfer and Serialization
- Using Data Contracts
- Data Contract Serializer
- Using Message Contracts
Sessions, Instancing, and Concurrency
- Using Sessions
- How to: Create a Service That Requires Sessions
- How to: Control Service Instancing
Transports in Windows Communication Foundation
- Transports Overview
- Choosing a Transport
WCF Web HTTP Programming Model
- How to: Create a Basic WCF Web HTTP Service
- How to: Expose a Contract to SOAP and Web Clients
AJAX Integration and JSON Support
- Creating WCF Services for ASP.NET AJAX
- Consuming WCF from jQuery as JSON
- Hosting in Internet Information Services
- Hosting in a Managed Application
- Hosting in a Windows Service Application
WCF Developer Tools
- Using WCF Visual Studio Templates
- The following books are recommended for Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) (Advanced .Net LIVE Video Tutorial Series) online course (students have to arrange this book themselves):
- Learning WCF: A Hands on Guide by Michele Bustamante
- Programing WCF Services by Juval Lowy
Language of instruction: English